How to apply
Applicants must send an application for recognition of professional qualifications to the Supervisory Board of Psychological Practice. The board has made available an application form (see below) which should be forwarded to the Board together with certified copies of the following documentation:
- Diploma(s)/certificate(s), in the original language for completed education in psychology,
- Transcripts, mark sheets or similar list(s) in the original language of courses passed on the Bachelor/Master's Degree in psychology,
- Translation into English or Danish of Diploma(s)/certificate(s) for completed education in psychology and of transcript(s), mark sheets or similar list(s) of courses passed on the Bachelor/Master's Degree in psychology, if the documents are not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German,
- Documentation for name, birth and nationality (copies of relevant pages of passport),
- Documentation that states that the applicant is fully qualified to work as a psychologist in the home country/country of education, and has the right to work as a psychologist in that country,
- Documentation for work experience within the area of psychology, if any,
- Any possible documentation for having worked as a psychologist for at least two years within the last ten years in your home country, if the profession as a psychologist is not regulated in your home country.
Further documentation which is not compulsory to start with, but would be useful for the handling of the application and which may be requested later in the process if not received together with the application form:
- Description of courses passed as well as curriculum on the Bachelor/Master's Degree in psychology,
- Translation into English og Danish og description of courses and curriculum (could be resumes) on the Bachelor and Master's Degree in psychology, if the documents are not in Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German.
The Supervisory Board may request further information when handling the application.
The Supervisory Board may also have to make an inquiry to the Danish Agency for Further Education regarding the content of the qualifications in question before the board is able to make a final assessment of the qualifications.
A psychologist who has received recognition from the Danish Supervisory Board of Psychological of her/his professional qualifications may apply to the Supervisory Board for authorisation as a psychologist in Denmark provided that additional conditions for authorisation are fulfilled. For more information see section "Authorisation".
Questions regarding the procedure can be addressed to the Board preferably by telephone or e-mail. Personal meetings only after prior arrangement, if required.